These days I’m living in a sulfur intolerant household. This wipes out the possibility of using a bunch of ingredients typically found in savoury dumplings, including egg, onion and garlic. This was my first attempt at dumpling we could all get stuck into.
- Large zucchini
- No egg (natural egg replacer)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 175 g natural yoghurt
- Oil for deep frying
- Grate the zucchini.
- Make up one egg’s worth of No egg, as directed on the packet.
- Mix the zucchini, No egg, flour, cheese and milk.
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan to shallow fry the balls.
- Make 2-3 cm balls from the mix and carefully place them in the hot oil, turning them as they cook to make sure they brown evenly.
- Drain the zucchini balls on paper towel.
- Mix the mint through the yoghurt.
- Serve the zucchini balls while hot, with mint yoghurt for dipping.