It is another cold winter’s night here in Canberra. The dark and dreary evening is a little brighter with these warm dumplings. Time to snuggle under the doona…
If you liked the Magic apple dumplings, but thought they were a little sweet or rich, these dumplings are for you. The perfect way to sneak a little more fruit into your diet!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla paste (or essence)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled
- Icing sugar
- Rub butter into the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining dumpling ingredients.
- Boil the water in a pot.
- Melt the brown sugar in the water.
- Stir the strawberries through the simmering syrup.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough into the syrup. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve dumplings sprinkled with a little icing sugar.