These dumplings were inspired by Nintendo’s Cooking Guide for DS. It’s a funny little recipe guide that my sister bought me and the only things I’ve ever made out of it are the vaguely Chinese dumplings. This is not that recipe, it’s how that recipe has evolved as I’ve continued to make it over the years.
Supposedly makes about 40 dumplings, but I’ve never had the patience to count
- 500 g Pokémon mince*
- half a brown onion, finely diced
- 10 g ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp shao hsing cooking wine
- 100 mL water
- chicken stock cube
- dumpling wrappers (gow gee)
* If you don’t have Pokémon mince, pork can be used as a substitute as long as it spent some time in tall grass
- Put all the ingredients (except wrappers) into a bowl and mix well.
- Put a teaspoon of filling in the centre of a wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half with the filling in the middle. Use a little water to help seal the wrapper shut.
- Make up the remaining dumplings in the same fashion.
- Either steam the dumplings for about 10 minutes, or boil for about 5 minutes until cooked.
No Pokémon fainted in the making of these dumplings.