I found a super easy and adaptable recipe for bread dumplings on taste.com. However, I’m rather a slack cook so I tweaked the recipe to make it even easier. I fed them to some friends and feedback suggests that even after cutting a bunch of corners, they’re still scrumptious with soup or stew!
Makes 8 dumplings
- 75 g butter
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp fresh chives (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Zap cold butter in the microwave on high for 20 seconds to soften.
- Mix flour, chives, salt and butter in a bowl. It should resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add water and stir until dough forms.
- Divide into eight equal portions, roll them into balls and pop them on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
I reckon you could sneak some Parmesan or tasty cheese in for a bit of extra flavour.